cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brtools Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our DB upgraded to Oracle11g and now i would like to upgrade BRTOOLS from 7.00 to 720.

I have downloaded the required file of BRTOOLS 720

Can some one please provide any relevant SAP Note / step by step procedure to upgrade BRTOOLS , i know that i need to take a backup of the exe folder before upgrading.

R/3 AP0

Database : Oracle 11g Grid Infrastructure.

Non ASM .

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Medha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

apart from the installation described in the first response, I also had to execute the following steps after Oracle upgrade from 10 to 11.2.0.2:

orasid> cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib

orasid> ln -s libnnz11.so libnnz10.so

The link might already exist, so check first. However, I got the errors described in Note 1449619 - BR*Tools cannot be started on Oracle 11g which was fixed by creating the link.

Because I upgraded the Oracle client from 10x_64 to 11x_64 I also had to create a link from the 10x_64 client to the new 11x_64 client to make brtools work:

orasid> cd /oracle/client/

orasid> mv 10x_64 10x_64.orig

orasid> ln -s 11x_64 10x_64

Regards,

Thomas.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help, upgraded the brtools now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BR* Tools update is same as kernel update, Just take a backup of exe >> Extract new .SAR file into your kernel directory >> Check/Set permissions of BR* Components as mentioned in SAP note 113747.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

However basic question, but please do share with us if something special you would do when you are done with the task.

BR*Tools is to be updated via same procedure you use for 'kernel upgrade'.

Stop sap, Extract the downloaded .SAR file and copy the extracted files into exe folder/directory. If unix, then run root.sh after copying the files. Start SAP. Permission update (root.sh) is very important.

Try to refer some step by step procedure links available via google, for e.g.

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_update_SAP_Kernel

Try to refer an SAP note - downloading new sap kernel

Thanks