cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7 Ehp1 System Copy - correct format for splitter input file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone suggest what the format of the input file should befor the integrated table splitting utility is using the NW 7 Ehp1 Installation Master DVD. I've extracted the user guide from the SPLIT.SAR file but there is nothing in it to suggest what the formatr should be when using the sapinst based integrated table splitting.

When just listing the tables is a text file sapinst errors suggesting the file needs to be in a specific format :-

CJS-00394 Reading of table split file /tmp/files_to_split.txt failed. Line 1 "edi40" does not fit expected format tablename%numsplits.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SPLIT.SAR archive contains the package splitter and the where splitter and you will not find info on table splitting. You basically want to create whr files as a part of table splitting preparation before the export. Either use R3ta or PL/SQL splitter (for oracle only) for table splitting preparation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks for the info. I was able to determine the format I needed. The table splitter is now integrated into the NW 7 ehp1 sapinst IM so all i needed to do when doing the tablepslitting preparation was to create a file with all my tables listed alphabetically and enter this filename when prompted by sapinst. The manual process as per the older notes was not required.

The format was tablename,ROWID or CNAME,number of splits.

The system copy guide for systems based on NW 7 Ehp1 has a small section on this.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found the information I was looking for :-

Create a file that contains lines of the form <table>%<nr of splits> for all tables to be split.

Only for Oracle PL/SQL splitter only: Use the form <table>%<nr of splits>;<rowid or column>. For more information about the Oracle PL/SQL splitter, see SAP Note 1043380.

CAUTION

The tables listed in this file have to appear in alphabetical order!

Regards,

Brian.