cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Approval Workflow - Send to previous step using API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on MDM 7.1 SP 07. I have integrated MDM workflow with UWL.

I have written a custom web dynpro application to approve the workflow record using MDM APIs.

I am able to accept the workflow task, mark it as APPROVED, mark as DONE and send it to NEXT STEP using WorkflowTaskAction.SEND_NEXT_STEP

Similarly I am able to accept the workflow task, mark it as DISAPPROVED, mark as Done.

Issue:

When the record is disapproved, I can see the "Send to previous" step option in data manager.

But I donot get the option "SEND TO PREVIOUS" in the mdm api. I expected something like WorkflowTaskAction.SEND_PREVIOUS_STEP

Any idea on the correct apis to send to previous step?

Regards,

Durai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try sending the disapproved items using WorkflowTaskAction.SEND_NEXT_STEP. Revert with the result...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with WorkflowTaskAction.SEND_NEXT_STEP. But it is failing. Because once the record is disapproved and marked as done, SENT_NEXT_STEP is not enabled.

I also checked the Workflow status. Once disapproved and marked as done, only PREVIOUS_STEP gets enabled in Data Manager.

Are there any other options to send to previous step?

Regards,

Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no implementation done for sending it to "PREVIOUS STEP" (Not sure of the reasons).

So I have prompted the user to manually send it to previous step.