cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I do add new field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm learning to work with MDM and I need to create a new field in a table and I can not generate the xsd file to update the PI and the sap. Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mjvasconcellos,

I can not generate the xsd file to update the PI and the sap. Can anyone help me?

You do not need to do anything with xsd when creating a field in MDM.

Just unload the repository and right click inside the appropriate table,and select add field option.Load using Update indices.

Set appropriate field properties there,and you are done.

Now,If you want to add the same field in XSD structure the you will have to update the xsd and update in Console too.

A simple way is to create a xml with all the tags you want,and get a xsd from that xml using Altova or PI etc.

Upload that in console,and take care of mappings.

That should take care of your concern.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi

If I add this new field in the table is not necessary to change the PI and the SAP? We use the protocol RFC.

Edited by: Mjvasconcellos on Nov 30, 2011 5:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mjvasconcellos,

Just take care that all the systems refer to same xsd and in message mapping this field is also mapped.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are adding any new fields/editing the existing structure of MDM, follwoing steps to be performed

- Unload the repository & Make changes on MDM

- Load the repository with Update Indices

- Genearate XSD using NWDS . Refer below link for this

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c065c565-60a4-2c10-8d95-af250ca89...

- On generation of XSD, it has to be imported on Console

- Also get it imported on PI

- Ensure the field which is added on MDM,is available on target system

Kindly revert for any queries

Regards,

Antony