cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Terminologies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have a document or some content explaining clearly the glossary/terminologies of Document Management System like Content Repository, Data Carrier, Storage Category etc. I did find a doc or two, but none of them seem to be clearly differentiating the various terms.

Thanks for the help!

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data carrier :A medium on which documents and other data are recorded in coded form and stored for access at a later date.

Depending on their nature, data carriers are assigned to different data carriers.

Storage category : used to set up one or more logical views (storage categories) for a storage system (content repository).

Regards,

Keerthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, Keerthi..

However, I would definitely be happier if I got some more info or examples on Data Carriers.. I can understand why DMS asks the user to pick a Storage Category when he checks in an original..

1. But logically, why does DMS ask the user to pick a Data Carrier when creating an Original..?

2. And, only those Data Carriers connected to the chosen WS App type are listed.. what does this infer or help in?

Thanks..

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally we define data carriers if you want to save original records in a secure area using the SAP DMS.

We define this in the configurations,you can have a look at this :

SPRO-Cross-application components-DMS-General data

Regards,