cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible SAP BI 3.5 and BI 7.3 will be able to extract data.........?

jk_itteam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Scenario

I am currently using BI 3.5 and now we are implementing BI 7.3 on a different server from the 3.5 one. We want to run the 3.5 one temporarily for sometime till BI 7.3 comes in full effect , so my Query is that whether we will be able to extract data from same R/3 server and source system.

For example, the concept of setup table and Delta Queue will both of our BI servers able to extract data from them at the same time or what will be the procedure.

Please guide me through this query.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can use same R/3 as source system to extract data for BI 7.3 and BW 3.5. You cannot migrate your cubes or data from 3.5 to 7.3 though.

Thanks,

Sravanthi

jk_itteam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Will I be able to extract from same Delta Queue(rsa7) and Setup Table(rsa3) for both BI 7.3 and BI 3.5 at the same time.

If I have scheduled infopackages(Delta or Full) for both at the same time. Will it be sucessful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

jk_itteam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually to which of the infocpackage it will give priority. 3.5 or 7.3?

Also I just want to ask that , as in your first reply you said that the cubes cannot be upgraded .... but why?

And if I am doing new fresh implementation ...........will there be any prerequisites?

jk_itteam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me the whole process , how can a BI 3.5 server and BI 7.3 Server can extract the data at the same time from Delta Queue and Setup Table.

jk_itteam
Explorer
0 Kudos

If there are any measures which are to be taken care of for that?

Answers (0)