cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to validation on FPM save event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario where in we need to perform certain validations on click of FPM save button.

These validations need to be performed on the context nodes of a used component (used component is not FPM enabled).

Is there any way to do this without mapping the context nodes of used component in main component?(Main component is FPM enabled).

We also noticed that the breakpoint stops in WDDOBEFOREACTION method of the used component when FPM save button is clicked, but we are not able to identify this event in WDDOBEFOREACTION method of used componentu2019s view as this is not FPM enabled.

Is there any way to catch this event in used component?

Also, Please let us know how to stop the execution of save when the validations fails?

Regards,

Ravikeerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for your time.

The problem is we are enhancing standard web dynpros.

We added a new view and want to make some validations on this on this view on click of FPM save.

I guess it is not possible to create context/methods as interface context/methods while enhancing components?

I am not finding the option to make a context/method as interface.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any way out of this?

Regards,

Ravikeerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since used component has no knowledge of the FPM, the only way that this info can be passed is from main component.

You could work around with an interface method , main component knows that FPM_save event is called, so what you can do is to create a interface method in child component for validation. Main component calls the child component interface method for validation and goes further with its flow.