cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.20 - Standard font settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

our customer finally rolls out SAPGUI 7.20 and there is an issue, that I need help with. Perhaps anyone knows something... I searched the web, the boards, SAPNet etc. and found nothing.

The default SAP Signature Theme is used and the font settings have not been changed. When a user hits the "Restore standard" button the settings standard settings are set and with that the font is set to "Courier, 11". The default after installation was "Arial monospaced for SAP, 9" for fixed size and "Arial, 9" for proportional font settings and this should be used to avoid scrollsbars etc.

Is there any way to change the standard from Courier to Arial (monospaced) in the theme, the registry or anywhere??

It looks like that it was possible in the past with the old themes by changing settings in the theme.xml. But there seems to be no theme.xml for the signature design?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Best regards

Christian Reitz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I guess this thread helps:

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

thanks for answering.

I already found that thread (and others), but unfortunately it does not answer my question.

The thread describes how to set the users font via registry.

I need to set the "standard settings" that are applied, if you hit the button for restoring standard in the SAPGUI options.

I gues these settings are based on the theme.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

sorry, I misunderstood your question. Do you install the SAP GUI via installation server? If so, you can easily create install scripts for the defined packages like this (we use an "on-end-install-script").

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize\CustomFont.Facename", "REG_SZ", "Arial monospaced for SAP"

And so on for the other keys in the other thread...

This should be kind of want you want to do if I got you right?

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

no, sorry, I don't want to set a font for the user, neither via registry or any other way.

Try something:

Open SAPGUI or SAPlogon, got to options --> Visual Design --> font settings (or whatever it is named in english).

There you will see the current settings. After a fresh installation you will see "Arial monospaced for SAP, 9" for fixed font and "Arial, 9" for proportional fongs.

In the lower right corner is a button for resetting to SAP Standard settings, I guess something like "Restore standards" if it is directly translated from "Standards wiederherstellen" in german language.

If you hit that button, new "standard" fonts will be set and this is in both both fields: "Courier, 11".

I want to change this "standard". Nothing else... if a user hits that button it should reset to "Arial( monospaced for SAP), 9"

Best regards

Christain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

now I got it. Unfortunately I dont know how to set the default font. I guess SAP calls the windows / IE settings to get your system-dependand standard, but maybe I am wrong, too.

Sorry,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked SAP support in the meanwhile and the answer is:

There is no way to modify the SAP standards that are set by hitting the button.

That leads me to the question, why the settings after a fresh installation differ from the settings beeing set by the button, but that's another story.

Thanks for reading and specially Jann for trying to understand, what I asked

Best regards

Christian