Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing - Transactions in SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know how I can apply customizing authorizations via spro to a role (spro_admin - project - add project to role).

The transaction needed are filled in menu in role and in object S_TCODE.

How can I find out which customizing node in SPRO provides SA38 for example?

I know I can show additional information (menu additional information - display key - IMG Activity). Sometimes last 4 chars means transaction. But I have to search through all nodes then...

Are there any other possibilities to find out which node is using which transaction? Or to find out which node provides SA38 or SE38 or SM36?

Regards,

Julia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a dedicated search function within the SPRO IMG...?

Otherwise table CUS_ACTOBJ will help you further if you want to "hotwire" it

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a dedicated search function within the SPRO IMG...?

Otherwise table CUS_ACTOBJ will help you further if you want to "hotwire" it

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

evidently I can't handle dedicated search in spro.

Your mentioned table is great - now I can see ACT_ID, but how can I assign a ACT_ID to a node in SPRO?

With Search-Button I can only search in opened nodes, but all nodes can not be opened because of performance reasons.

Regards,

Julia

0 Kudos

The trick is that it is a text search and not a technical name search. Generate the indexes and then you can also navigate into the nodes respectively find the paths.

You can then verify that you have found all of them via the table which has the technical name in it.

I assume that you are using SPRO_ADMIN customizing roles here, so you can also verify this and search for the transactions in table AGR_BUFFI. Using the text names you can then search in SPRO for the path again.

Side note: As long as you plan not to refresh the role menu from the SPRO project again, it is also technically possible to delete the transactions from the menu of the customizing role. There is no delete button, but the keyboard works.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

indeed I'm using SPRO_ADMIN for role configuration, but AGR_BUFFI doesn't contain the role I created. I specified a project and in tab scope I defined the nodes for this authorization. This project I attached to role via pfcg and menu utilities - customizing auth. But this I don't see in tabel AGR_BUFFI. For my created role no entries are found.

I although generated the indexes in SPRO - SAP Reference IMG with the search button. However I can't put in the ACT_ID to find out the node. For example, in table CUS_ACTOBJ I found ACT_ID OHAARI080 is containing transaction SA38.

If I put OHAARI080 in search in SPRO, there is no hit found in structure.

So do I have to open each node and look for IMG Activity faded in?

Regards,

Julia

0 Kudos

Sorry, that should have been AGR_TCODES and not AGR_BUFFI.

You can only search for the texts. These are in CUS_ACTOBJ field TEXT. If the text is empty (meaning you cannot search) then enter the ACT_ID into table CUS_IMGACH field ACTIVITY and get the text from field TEXT there.

Considering that there are 262 instances of PFCG alone in ECC 6.0 SPRO, you should reconsider rather deleting the tcodes within the menu IF you only want to maintain this role once. It is ugly but acceptable in some cases (for example if you are not transporting the IMG project anyway).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

thanks for your help! With tables CUS_ACTOBJ and CUS_IMGACH I'm now able to find what I'm looking for.

I agree with you, it's easier and faster to delete tcodes in menu of customizing role.

But The example I gave was designed to give me solutions for different scenarios, not just to find out where SA38 is hidden.

Thanks,

Julia