cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport configurations(Implementation project) into QAS ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I want to ask that how all the configurations which we do in SOLAR02 (Implementation Project) transport to QAS??

Quick reply will be appreciated.

Please Help

Thanks

Sidra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends ...if you are using CHARMS for the same Solman Project ...then it will scheduled a job for automatic transport so that al the request which are attached to this project will get transported to QA

Otherwise manually basis has to import like they usually do without charms

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Dec 1, 2011 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you prakhar

Means i should activate CHaRM for each implementation project.

What should i do for creating project cycle after activating CHaRM??

or it would be of ur really kindness if u describe me the process of transporting all the configurations for an implementation project??

I have done uptill now:

1. CREATE PROJECT

2. ASSIGN LOGICAL COMPONENT IN SYSTEM LANDCAPE

3. CREATING IMG PROJECT IN DEV ( from System Landscape tab)

4. Activate CHaRM

5. CREATE TASK LIST

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The process description is more like a consulting issue.

from the technical point of view

whenver the project is imported.................. all the changes which belong to this project will be moved from dev to q an further q to prd

so no single transport happens incase if you are using CHARMS ..........

Normal TR is being created without using solution manager charms functionality then project import won't import the changes

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SolMan are you using? You can check the rampup knowledge exchange on the marketplace as this will provide you with an overview of the change management process based on charm. Alternatively you can check out the ChaRM Wiki as this provides a good explanation of how the process works. http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement

Simply put once you have created your Implementation Cycle, which is assigned to your implementation project, you use a change documents in the service desk to control the change process. Change Documents are the method to create your transport orders, and the task list controls the release and import of these orders during your implementation project.

Hope this helps,

Rich Labib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos