cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10 Custom Initiator BRFPlus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus, while defining a new custom rule/initiator I noticed that in the Results Columns for RULE_RESULT my text description is "Trigr Val". According to the documentation this should be "RULE_RESULT". I imagine this is impacting the evalution of this rule at run-time? Any insight is appreciated.

Edited by: Michael Penn on Nov 30, 2011 9:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshita

You have mis-understood my query..

I do not want to know why RULE_RESULT should be showing Trig Val as text.

My query is that what Context parameter value should I select from the dropdown available for RULE_RESULT field.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may add a path ( give a name of your own choice) as RULE_RESULT.

No, not from context parameter, put a direct value, if this is a path.

Your RULE_RESULT is as per your BRF+ rule. Which conditions have you applied and what result is want to get those are important.

If you want to get a path then write a path name in rule result.

Later, add this path in MSMP Workflow.

Afterwards you need to add this BRF+ rule in the MSMP Workflow and activate accordingly.

If you tell me your desired result, I may help you further.

Best regards,

Joshita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Element RULE_RESULT has a short text "Trigr Val".

In some installations I have seen "Trigr Val" is displayed and in some other cases "RULE_RESULT". But basically it serves same purpose.

Don't worry! "RULE_RESULT" is absolutely perfect.

Best regards,

Joshita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Gurus

I need your help in GRC 10.0. I am creating BRF+ rule for Iniatiators by following vailable documentations from SAP. For the column LINE_ITEM_KEY (text : Line Item) I have selected Context parameter ITEMNUM. But for column RULE_RESULT (text: Trigr Val), I do not know what value to choose from Context parameter.

Can you please help.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Gurus

I need your help in GRC 10.0. I am creating BRF+ rule for Iniatiators by following vailable documentations from SAP. For the column LINE_ITEM_KEY (text : Line Item) I have selected Context parameter ITEMNUM. But for column RULE_RESULT (text: Trigr Val), I do not know what value to choose from Context parameter.

Can you please help.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This is fine. I thought the same thing at first. I think it shows RULE_RESULT before you activate the rule, then it changes to Trigger Value after it's been activated. Or else it's because you're in display as opposed to edit mode. Either way, it's not a problem. Regards, ~Triera