cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling freely programmed search help on Popup, hangs the popup window.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We developed Freely Programmed Search help component for one of the field. it is working perfectly fine in one of the WDA.

Now as per requirement, we want to open pop-up window on click of search button. in the popup window, we will have this field and one more extra field to do further search operation.

The problem, we are facing is that, after selecting value from freely programmed search help field, we cannot do anyhting with the popup screen. it simply do not allow to type in other field, we cannot even close the popup window and also no button is being triggered. it is like the popup screen hangs out the application.

see the image at http://www.flickr.com/photos/71091602@N04/6429483797/in/photostream

it seems that after selecting value from freely programmed field, control is not returning to parent window.

If anybody faced similar issue then please let me know.

Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved ! we have to set the application parameter WDLIGHTSPEED to blank to make it work. I am not sure why it is not working if the light speed is ON. This seems to be bug.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're a lifesaver Chandra!  I've been having this exact same problem, with a Web Dynpro component within a FPM application.  A popup window contained a freely programmed value help, which hangs when you select a value and return.

This has only started happening since support pack 701-0010 was applied - it is working perfectly in production with support pack 701-0008.  I've applied the WDLIGHTSPEED parameter in the development system and the problem has gone away

Regards,
Pete

Edited to say: Now that I know it's a Lightspeed problem, a quick search in OSS has come up with note #1604205, which has cured the problem without having to switch off Lightspeed Rendering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

similar scenario worked for me, Have you checked that what happens after selecting a value in debug mode. Have you subscriped to the vh_selected event in the popup view ? You can also put a break point on the vh_closed event to see where it is hanging.