cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Type is not defined

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up the Billing Type for sales relative and Delivery relative in sales order type.

For example, I setup the ZF2 billing type for delivery-relative billing type in sales order type ZOR.

But it's strange taht no matter what billing type I setup, the system always use F3 billing type.

If I delete the F3 billing type, even though I don't use it in any sales order type.

The system always show "F3 billing type is not defined".

Could anyone can tell me where is the system set F3 for default billing type?

Best Regards,

John Hu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John Hu

Please check in VTFL wheather ZF2 and ZLF copy control are maintained or not. Also check in VTLA wheather ZOR and ZLF copy control is maintained or not.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It is strange that you are getting this error message but there is no F3 billing document type. There is only F1, F2, F5 and F8. But i want to check with you after assignment of ZF2 billing type in ZOR Sales order have you done the copy control setting from ZLF Delivery to ZF2 billing type.

Just check this might be the problem.

Regards,

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

Hi John

In an order related billing case the billing type issued is taken form table TVAK (transaction VOV8)

field V_TVAK-FKARA and in a delivery related case from field V_TVAK-FKARV. If in VOV8 you do not

have F3 set up the cause would need to be a custom development of some sort.

When you create a billing document the billing type is taken directly form the billing index table VKDFS

So if you check one of your examples in SE16 in table VKDFS I expect the F3 billing type is already

present in the table ? VKDFS is written when an order is saved (order related billing) or when the

post goods issue is carried out (delivery related billing)

There are user exits available when the billing index is written, do you have any active ?

Check EXIT_SAPLV05I_001 and V05IEXIT these are called in the update task when the index is written

See below

LV05IFAP -> form AP_01

IF LVBAP-FKREL NE 'I'.

CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '001' >>> EXIT_SAPLV05I_001

PERFORM INDEX_VKDFS_AUFBAUEN. >>>

LV05IF0V -> form INDEX_VKDFS_AUFBAUEN

VKDFS-FKART = LVBAK-FKARA.

PERFORM USEREXIT_VKDFS_SORTKRI_SALES. >>> V05IEXIT

I hope this helps you further

Kind regards

brian

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that no user exit is applied for billing where the billing type would have been hard coded. Also ensure that in copy control VTFL, you have maintained only ZF2 > ZOR

G. Lakshmipathi