cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 7.1 SP3 CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As i am in the configuration phase of Solman 7.1,i have completed the steps of SYSTEM PREPARATION and BASIC

CONFIGURATION except configuration of Willy Introscope Agent.

As i have to configure the Maintenance Optimizer.

Can anyone tell me what prerequistes should be maintenaned to configure MOPZ?

Should i go with the Managed System Configuration first or i can directly start with the MOPZ Configuration?

Kindly guide me,as i am new into this.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained your system details in SLD and then it should sync to LMDB ? And check whether all system defined correctly in SMSY. If it is working fine then you can use MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply.

As i have mentioned the details of my Solman Server only in LMDB and i have synchronized it with SMSY.

As i have 2 more servers already installed as ECC 6.0 EHP5 and SRM 7.0,which are mentioned in SMSY but i would not

mentioned it in LMDB.As i have to do download the patches of ECC 6.0 and SRM 7.0 through MOPZ.

So what step should i take to download the patches of ECC 6.0 and SRM 7.0?

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should maintain those systems in LMDB as well. In Solman 7.1, you should not maintain any system manually in SMSY. You should maintain all your system in SLD and then sync your SLD to LMDB. So, if your systems does not exist in LMDB then it can create problem in MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree with Sunny, creation of MOPZ is no longer simple in SOLMAN7.1 as compare to solman 7. For MOPZ generation, first you need to forward your data to SLD, either with RZ70 (ABAP) or SLD Data Supplier (JAVA). Prior to that, please ensure you update CIM and CR Content to latest level to eliminate possible error during SLD and LMDB sync, believe me, where you really don't want wasting time on troubleshooting.

Once you've forward your ECC and SRM system, either you wait for 10mins for job LMDB001* to complete or you can manually trigger it. You'll see your ECC and SRM entry in SMSY. Click on the change button for ECC/SRM instance and in SMSY and it'll bring you to technical system editor, when you need to configure you instance here.

Save your setting. Create a solution landscape and assign your Instance to logical component and subsequently assign the logical component to the solution landscape created.

Go to SOLMAN_Workcenter -> change management -> create new Maintenance Optimizer.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue Resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Dec 12, 2011 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue Resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to Solution Manager, I have installed Solman7.1 with initial stack, without applying SP3 or SP4 I have started solman_setup at standard configuration

1) I have selected local SLD, and gave SLD data like host name : solman host etc because we dont have separate standalone central sld, we have systems like SAP ECC6.0 EHP5, PI7.3 and Portal 7.3, we are using PI7.3 system SLD is the Master SLD for ECC & Portal. So at the time of solman standard configuration SLD step we have selected local SLD and gave solman hostname for SLD host name. SLD task run successfully.

2) At LMDB step I am unable to complete it properly, I dont know which user name I need to give to sync SLD and LMDB, so I skipped that step and perfomed BASIC Cofiguration with Willy Agent steps keeping as postpond

3) I need to upgrade to ECC HCM component to Ehp5 605 as my ECC is Central Application SAP_APPL 605 sp05 now, I am facing problem at the time of generating target stack file thro solman MOPZ (it is giving COVNT_DATA_LOSS ABAP Dump error) so we decided to apply latest patch SP04 for solman

Please guide how to config LMDB and MOPZ, where can I get step by step configuration for this? I really appreciate if anyone help me out.

Thanks and Regards

Sudbang

Answers (0)