cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF option in Visual Composer iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am using NW 7.0 .Want to develop a Visual Composer iView based on RFC function module to fetch the data from backend and publish in portal.

In that iView I want to give the Export to PDF option for the corresponding SAP data.

I am referring following link for the same.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb479...

But in my case our Visual Composer and BI-JAVA server are different. In this document it is clearly mention that the given code (Formula) is applicable only for the case where both VC and BI-JAVA server are same.

Specify this formula:

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=PDF&BI_COMMAND_1-

SHOW_EXPORT_DIALOG=X&BI_COMMAND_1-

null="

NOTE: This URL is for the Web

Analyzer PCD Location if Visual

Composer is on the same server as

BI-JAVA.

Can someone explain how to modify the above formula to give the export to PDF option in my iView where Visual Composer and BI-JAVA are different server?

Thanks & Regards,

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

in addition to the answer Ehud sent you: did you try to use the complete URL at the beginning of this formula?

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

Have you considerd using the "print" function instead? I don't know if this will help in your scenario, but there are virtual printers that create PDF's instead of actually printing the document.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

My requirement is ,when the Visual Composer and BI-JAVA are differnt server, in that case what should be the modfication in the code of given Formula in specified link.

Thanks,

Kundan

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know your requirement. This is what you already explained. Did you read my last answer? Did you try to use the complete URL of your BI-Java Server instead of the snippet in the formula?

anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for late replay. Yes i tried complete URL .But i am getting error..

I am using ECC 6.O.Both VC and BI-JAVA are in same landscape. I am calling the FM ZBAPI_FM_TEST_APPLICATION.

I want to know the modified URL for giving the Export to PDF option in VC iView.

The document which i am following their it's URL for calling BI Quarry is

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=PDF&BI_COMMAND_1-

SHOW_EXPORT_DIALOG=X&BI_COMMAND_1-

null="

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kundan