cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is posting wrongly in Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing issues with data is posting wrongly in File to Idoc scenario. When we test this scenario everything shows success in XI but in R/3 idoc generating with 64 status and data is not posting correctly. Suppose our second field if we send more than 20 length it is trimming upto 20 only. If we change offset to take 40 length to second field again it is taking 20 legth of sceond field and rest of third field values. As i have been checked with Abapper they were saying like whatever data we are sending to R/3 it will be coming as a single structure(Sdata) . But i have been checked outbound XML also in that everything shows fine. Is there anything problem in Xi . I have been re-imported idoc in XI also and it is equipment master Idoc. They have been used offset also still no use. My doubt is why from second field on wards data is posting worngly.They have used structure sdata.

Example:

Suppose, Outbound XML in XI:

<Idoc>

<Field1>abc

<Field2>4364255166110335211

<Field3>Computer

<Field4>Laptop

<Field5>sdas

<Idoc>

Idoc in R/3:

Field1:abc

Field2:43642551661 Computer Laptop

Field3: sdas

Field4:

Field5:

Could anybody help me on this. Why is data wrongly posting here...

Rgrds,

Aparna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem has been solved. Segment has not been released in R/3 . After releasing i have been re imported Idoc again. Now data is posting correctly. Thanks for all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When outbound XMl is correct then why In R/3 Idoc has not been posted correctly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have faced same issue before.

in receiver communication channel for IDoc you have to specify some important parametres port and sap release so on...

while cretaing a port you have to give rfc destination in your port by using t-code IDX1.

go to rfc destination which was you given in port. check in your destination, tab MDMP & UNICODE.

Flag or disflag the option UNICODE/NO-UNICODE and test again.

once again check your message mapping.

regrds,

ganesh.

Edited by: ganesh.nijampudi on Nov 30, 2011 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

though you re-imported the idoc, did you refreshed the caches, pl check it.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting correct output payload in message mappng in ESR, & in MONI ..... if not check your message mapping once also check payload in idx5 ....and idoc status 64(IDoc is not transferred to the application) ...check whether collect option is enabled or not...trigger transmission of the IDoc using report RBDAPP01 or , plan a regular job in background processing for this report.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Xi Mapping and moni everything is fine only in R/3 data is posting wrongly..Could you please tell me how to trigger transmission using RBDAPP01?

Edited by: aparna_karnam on Nov 30, 2011 7:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Pi we have to create rfc destination its pointing to receiver sap system, check rfc destination,

Look in your destination, tab MDMP & UNICODE.

Flag or disflag the option UNICODE/NO-UNICODE and test again.

I think that doing this will solve the issue.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u plz chk the segment field length in idoc compare the xml file..just its my suggestion