Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATP - ATP tree and SNP planning run

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know where ATP tree created during MATP fits during regular SNP planning runs.

In other words, how to handle ATP tree conversions i.e. the frequency of conversion and how it affects planned orders which are already there as a part of SNP planning run.

can we schedule the planned orders created after the ATP tree conversion?

What is the logic to maintain SNP and PPDS horizons in case both type of planning orders (i.e. SNP and PPDS) orders exist in the system?

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATP tree structure is not taken in account in planning. After it is converted to orders, by PP/DS it effects the SNP orders in the same way as a normal PP/DS order has on SNP planning.

Regarding SNP and PPDS Horizon: Following factors can be used while defining these:

1. SNP and PPDS are responsible for different planning stages. SNP for medium term planning and PPDS to short tema planning. So in this case both horizon do not overlap. As soon as SNP order moves to PPDS horizon it is converted into PPDS order.

2. SNP and PPDS are responsible for different locations: You can use SNP for DC where you just need basic scheduling but for plant you need detailed scheduling so you use PPDS.

3. Both share a planning horizon: In this case SNP has control over planning, PPDS only plans receipts generated by SNP to complete BoM and sequencing.

Regards

Rinju

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

thanks for the valuable inputs.

Request to provide insights to the following query....

I have product allocations maintained at component level in DP. Its MATP scenario.

SNP Planned order of 100 at component level is against forecast in earlier planning run and sales order has been created later (for parent material)

Now, at component level this SNP planned order of 100 units is available and allocation maintained is 50 (in DP). So system consumes 50 units of allocation during the ATP check.

In the above case for what quantity is the ATP tree created at component level and what is the relation of SNP planned order and ATP tree at this stage?

What is the impact on the product allocation situation if I delete the above ATP tree or I delete the SNP planned order ?

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

please let me know when the production is trigerred. I mean what is the customizing setting for MATP relevant for Finished Prod.

Also in the ATP check control I hope you included Planned Orders also receipt. Based on the information you mentioned, you will get confirmaiton of 50 only for the header level prod. Only for the remaining production will be trigerred based on the settings.

I hope you are aware that MATP is alwasy exeucted in two steps, if there are partial confirmation as that is the case in your example. If you want to correlate SNP orders of component, it is just supply considered as supply. So the ATP tree created for header level will consider remaining 50 as supply for the component and hence no addtional orders will be created for component.

Again to highlight, till you do not convert ATP tree, it is not available in planning. Hence you cannot see these orders in Interactive planning/product view etc.

Regards

Rinju

Answers (0)