cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is the issue that I am facing in the company.I am putting the issue in simple words.

Primary Res Mould 1: Capacity 1000

Secondary Res Mould 2: Capacity 1000

Demand: 800 Caps.

Initially when we get the demand for 800 caps, the system would assign the duty to Mould 1 to perform the duty. But after making 500 caps, the Mould 1 wears out. So the rest 300 should be made using Mould 2 which is the secondary resource.

Next we get another order of 1000 caps. So now the primary resource will start the next job.

I want it this way. Since the secondary resource is already running, it should take the order and manufacture the 700 moulds (1000 - 300 from first resource) and then it should go to the first resource. This may or may not be on the same day. I mean it should run that way even if there is a gap of a day or two.Please drop in your suggestions.

Regards,

Rohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have few questions

1. Mould 1 wears out after making 500 caps is it that after making every 500 caps Mould 1 wears out or It depends on situation. I am bit confused as capacity of mould1 is given as 1000 caps(For what duration capacity of 1000 is valid)

2. Since the secondary resource is already running, it should take the order and manufacture the 700 moulds (1000 - 300 from first resource) and then it should go to the first resource. This may or may not be on the same day. I mean it should run that way even if there is a gap of a day or two. - Capacity 1000 of secondary resource is a daily capacity or for what duration this capacity is? As you have mentioned after gap of 2 days also it should take this order.

Are you going with discrete,process or repetative manufacturing set up?

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

Thank you for the reply. Lets think it has infinite capacity and it does not affect with time.

Regards,

Rohit.