cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uPerform: Invalid username or password was entered!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I cannot connect from uPerform client to uPerform Server. (In uPerform client->tools->options-> general setting-> test conncetion )

The server address is correct. It said that Invalid username or password was entered!

However, I can access to uPerform portal using the same username and password (admin / admin).

I check the ports of uPerform server and database server, i can telnet to each other.

I also check the database (collaborate) and database (publish). In (collaborate), user (admin) exists, but in (publish), no user exist

I am not sure whether i install uPerform server incorrect. I really don't know how to solve the problem.

I hope you can help us.

Thanks a lot

Owen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

typical problem can be resolved by this:

Do you by any chance have Dynamic Compression enabled in IIS? If so,

please disable it by performing the following steps:

To disable dynamic content compression on a Windows 2008 R2 server

running IIS 7.5, perform the following steps:

1. Open IIS Manager and navigate to the uPerform Collaboration website.

2. In Features View, double-click Compression.

3. On the Compression page, deselect the box next to Enable dynamic

content compression.

4. Click Apply in the Actions pane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Liu,

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.

I have some guess about my failure logins.

1. Since I can access to uPerform Portal using webbrower but cannot access using uPerform client. Are these two methods using different database? I have two databases in DB server. (collebrate and publish)

2. I use three different VMs to work as three different servers(Database, Web and Search). The connections among them may be blocked. But I cannot check out which one. I used telnet to test each port, all are ok.

Database: port 1433

Web: port 8080

Search: port 8983

3. When I install all the servers in one VM, all the steps are the same and it works fine. Is there a chance that, I am missing some configurations for 3 separated servers?

Thanks very much for you kindly help.

Owen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solves by connecting to 192.168.XXX.XXX:80 instead of 192.168.XXX.XXX:8080.

Http port used by the Collaboration server: port 8080

ISS port to be used by the uPerform web site :port 80

However, when install all servers in one VM, it will also work for 192.168.XXX.XXX:8080 connecting to client.