cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with DB/CI and DI @ different levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP gurus - Hi

Recently migrated my AIX servers (from 5.3 to 6.1) for the CI and DI instances and ran into issues -

Here is the order of events..

1- First migrated the DI instance, applications started alright, active in SAP

2- Then I migrated the inactive node of the CI HACMP cluster - no impact to service

3- Then I did the fail-over from to migrate the other HACMP node, at this point after the cluster failover (the CI is also at AIX 6.1 now), the DI instance is not showing active in SAP GUI anymore, although the SAP is running on both CI and DI at the OS level.

4- We tried to stop/start just the DI, that didn't work

5- Then we stopped/started both DI and CI in the correct order (CI first then DI), still not good

6- Finally rebooted the DI server, started SAP after reboot and then it showed up

Luckily this was in the test environment, I have to progress the change to Production and I cannot imagine having to reboot the Prod DI instances, that is a big no no.

Does this ring a bell? anyone, anybody seen this before? or know what might have caused the app servers to disappear from SAP? anything we can do proactively to avoid this situation? or avoid reboot post-actively?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In you cluster environment, DI and CI are the standalone engines while ASCS and DB services are part of cluster services.

Hence when you perform failover , HACMP script should take care of starting DI after shifting the resources to takeover node.

HACMP script needs to be tweaked to incorporate these changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean by "DI instance is not showing active in SAP GUI anymore", how did you see that ?

What error you captured in screen for fail logon ?

Is this issue reproduciable after migration completed to 6.1 ?

For improper instance stop/start, dev_* trace files / sapstart/stderr logs are the one the look at as well to find out the reason.

Regards,

Vincent