cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get real userid from a WDA application that uses service account

Former Member
0 Kudos

A WDA application runs under a service account. How to get the real userid (i mean, the human user)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When running as a service user, the application is anonymous. In other words no user authentication or identification takes place. What kind of "real" user information would you expect to get? Are you running in the NetWeaver Portal? Or standalone? What informaiton are you looking for? Of course nothing within ABAP is going to be able to "see" the real user since the user session is running as the service account. Why exactly are you using a service user anyway? There are only very few instances where service users in WDA applications wouldn't be a violation of your license agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your time on my issue.

The WDA application is run in NetWeaver Portal. I need log his/her operation along with his/her userid when someone logs on to the portal and run this application. It would be very easy if the WDA app is not run with a service user since we can use sy-uname. However, the WDA app is run under a service user we cannot use sy-uname here. Then my question is, how can I know who logged on to portal and ran this app?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos