cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA report doesn't show up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I'm performing an EWA setup and something strange (again) happen, i'm working on Solman 7.01 SP 27 ans all my satellite system are running on NW 7.01 SP10.

This is not my first setup so that's why it make me very angry about it, all the setup has been perform like i usually did :

- smsy (trsuted and back RFC)

- dswp --> ewa activation

- activation on satellite

- note applied in both system because of trusted rfc issue (1615861, 848146, 1491645)

But when i do the step

- run my sdccn and create a new ewa service,

- clic on the new services create and got into my satellite system

- create the new task Refresh_session and start directly

Nothing happen, meaning that, i don't have any data push to solution manager, just to clarify all the rfc works and the service preparation task has been run already.

That thing drive me crazy, do you expert have any idea if i have miss anything ?

Thank you

Regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by my self

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello cyferphanom

Firstly, you should not be scheduling a Refresh Session task.

You schedule the Maintenance Package task and it will schedule a refresh definition task and a refresh session task....unless it fails.

Now if you are trying to push the data to Solution Manager, this would indicate that the EWA is scheduled, and has run on

Solution manager, however since the data is overdue from the managed system, it should have a red flag.

This should be the case. If it is not, then I would suspect the EWA was NOT scheduled, or is scheuled to run in the future.

If you have a red flag it can be a problem on the Managed system, or a problem with the Service Session on Solution Mnager,

If the session on SOlution Manager has an issue, you can check by opening the sesison tree in DSA, If it opens, the issue is

on the managed system, if it fails to open, or dumps, then the issue is with the service session.

See if the session cannot be opened the refresh session task on the managed system does not return an error, it just will report there are no sessions. I am mentioning this because it is often overlooked to check the session on Solution Manager.

If you do not have a red flag, then you need to provide more information as to what is in DSWP for that system under

Solution Monitoring > Earlywatch Alert for that solution/SID.

And if you do have a red flag you may want to reviw the wiki article on the same.

Red Flag wiki : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SAObDQ

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your consideration, i solved it by my self. it's working now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any error on the task log (SDCCN->Done->log) ?? Are you using the correct RFC for refresh sesions?? No dump in satelite neither solman?

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thanks for the reply, no there is no dump in Sol neither satellite, when i look the log in sdcc it says "task done and session are up to date"