cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge records in MDM automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to merge records automatically in MDM? could you please explain me how?

Thanks in advance,

Abby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, This is not possible in SAP MDM, and MDM only tells you about potential duplicates. These potential duplicates records may or may not be duplicates.

I personally do not consider this as good idea to automatically merge records, because Merging two or master data records is very important from Business point of view. Wrong merger could impact the business, so this activity should be manually done, after identifying the potential duplicates and checking if they are really duplicates or not.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shiv,

Is it possible to develop this funcionality? We have hear about Java APIs, Could be possible?

If not, is it possible to automerge records using SAP BO Data Services integrated with MDM?

Thanks again,

Abby

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never did myself, but I am very positive that using JAVA api you can develop this functionality. But you will need to write some very strong business logic so make sure the potential duplicates are really duplicates..

I don't know much about BO, so lets wait for experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

MDM cannot merge automatically, but we can have a JAVA or ABAP API code written, which will automatically merge the records for you, but extreme care need to be taken, since merging records could potentially harm business process if the business logic written in the API Code is not strong.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abby,

I agree with Shiv ,he has very rightly pointed out that this is a risky preposition and needs the code logic to be very potent.

Now this can possibly be achieved using Java API's.You have to somehow define a logic which returns the recordIds of the records to be merged from a business logic,this business logic will filter records which meet certain criteria.

Like if I say all the Customers which have been created 5 years ago and are inactive (based on some flag)and if they have duplicates they should be automerged,this is a low risk scenario,as data is fairly less in active use.You can run matching strategy,check scores automatically,and merge based on the recordIds returned for these records (If there are duplicates).

For data of high use this method is not at all advisable.

What you have to take care is there are no transactional processes running in the ERP system or some other dependent system.

Thanks,

Ravi