cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Solution Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to configure Service Desk, and realized there is SolutionDB functionality. However, I cannnot find any configuration guide for SolutionDB. If someone have already implemented this functionality, could you guide me through how it should be done.

Also, I believe the system requires TREX service, but I am not sure if TREX is installed at the same time the SolMan is installed, or if it must be installed separately. When I go into VisualAdministrator, I can see TREX service entry. If so, is the service already running?

Thank you in advance.

rgds,

Yoshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have created a problem and when I wanted to display it, there is the message "Problem xxx does not exist". I am working on SOL MAN 4.0 and have not yet installed the TREX ENGINE. But would like to maintain Problems and solution as internal solution.

I could see some of you already faced this issue. Please support me in resolving.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I still have the same problem. What can we do that the SDB works?

Where can I see if TREX is already installed or not on my system? And how can it be installed?

I need your helpful answers asap. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

The reason would be problem code assigned to Problem type in transaction ISCA (Img -> CRM-> Enterprise Intelligence -> Solution Database -> Problems -> Define Problem Type. In my case problem code assigned was not existing, then i set it to an existing problem code and new symptoms are working fine. Regarding TREX I am still in the process connecting it to Solution Manager system which is resulting in an error "HTTP server inactive". Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujay,

I already managed the problem with showing existing problems and solutions. I no longer get the message "Problem xy does not exist".

But I managed it with the help of Arkadiy some entrys above:

1. transaction CRMC_SAF_TOOL

2. click on button check

3. A new screen will open and will show the processes. Open the tab

'Process' - 'Solution Database'.

If the Solution Database will have a red sign in front, then the customizing is not ok.

4. Doubleclick on 'Solution Database' and click on button 'Guide'. Then

follow the instructions from the screen.

With the reset to the standard customizing, all new problems are now shown. But not the older ones.

And I still have the problem with the search of problems and solution. Can anybody help with the TREX?

Kind regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my friends

first SDB is used for creating problems and solutions ,

SO it works like Google search engine , when u type some keyword , it search in Solutions and shows possible Results with Relevancy (in like 99% , *82%...)

SO , first TREX should be installed in the landscape ,

it is done by BASIS guys,

SAF is a tool where u can install TREX, u r self,

actual config done by consultant is here

PATH IMG>CRM>Enterprise INtelligence-->SAF,SDB

after doing SAF,

we need to config in SDB-->basic settings

here number ranges need to be done by BASIS guys,

basic data fileds--> for config(it used for activities)

problems--->dont config BO types, remain fields need to config,

Solutions-->DOnt config BOtype (according to u r requirment)

EX

problem type : Monitor

subtype is ; display ,

connector pin

color

Application area : desktop

Solution type : SL descrtiption,or Refence, or Hyperlink

Solution subype: decription, hint, code , .....

searching is 2 types 1) attribute search.

2) text search

above we r confuguring is called attributes

SE01- to upload FAQs

after typing FAQ , we must realeasing the FAQ by clicking on Green Flag button

DO same for Solution also -->save.

go to easy access--> CRM_SAF_TOOL , Double click on it ,

U can see the next screen , select GOTO-->Indexes from main menu bar

it opens webclient window there select u r SDB in the list

GO , delta compile press go,

full compile GO,

cluster Go,

now u are ready to see all lthe uploaded FAQs in webclient

just type the word and press search,

to see webclient , SE80 TR code,select the obj navigator, click on F8 or test button

if any queires , dont hesitate to ask me ,

if u felt use ful info , award the points.

sorry for mistakes, guys am in hurry

regards

kiranbudde

Message was edited by:

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have doubt in configuring SAF.

I have configured SDB. In client 000, I'm able to see all the solutions. In client 002, nothing is showing in SAF Diagnosis tool, But in Goto-->Indexes its shows the solutions database where we can do delta compilation and background jobs.

But CRMC_SAF_TOOL its not showing any objects and disabled. Secondly, for Action Definition "Create solution in Solution Database" shows red. Eventhough SDB_CREATE method is executed. I am using STANDARD action definition for support desk message, action profile advanced.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ram.

Edited by: Sathyaram N on Mar 17, 2008 3:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

We are currently implementing SDB. I am wondering if it is possible to embed pictures (.jpeg / .gif) within Problems and/or Solutions in the given fields of transaction IS01. I know that these fields are text only - what I'm curious about is whether these fields are modifiable. If the fields are able to be customized, we would like to devise a strategy to display images to the user.

Does anyone have ideas or input on this?

Thanks so much!

-Brad

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoshitaka,

you will find information about SDB in CRM help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/0d/923237e5875249e10000009b38f936/frameset.htm

For creating problems and solutions to feed your SDB, go to transaction IS01.

If you use SolMan 4.0, you have CRM 5.0 which means that you need the TREX installed. This installation as far as I know must be done separately. If you have SolMan 3.2, you don't need to use TREX because your problems and solutions will be compiled via transaction IS02 (which does not exist in CRM 5.0, at least in my instalation..)

Please take a look at the help corresponding to your CRM version to find more information.

Hope I could help you,

Raquel Cunha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am also tarying to use the Solution database of Solution Manager 4.0 with CRM 5.0.

I have even more problems; I can not create my problems in the internal solution database: I have tried both the wizard and the normal menu, and after I entered all data, the system will list the problems, but just the nummeration (just number problem), and if I try to display them it says: "problem number 1 doesnt exist" and so on.

However, when I enter the data to create a problem, in the attribute: "Problem Code" I can not enter any of the proposed options, because it complains that "there is no text for that catalog entry in english" which is my logon language.

I didnt specify any customized settings for the solution database, just attempting to use the default settings delivered by SAP.

And then if I try to perform transaction IS02, it complains that there is no such a transaction.

Can anybody help please?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the same problem as Katia. I create a problem or a solution, and if I want to display it, then there is the message "Problem xxx does not exist".

What can be reason for it? Do I have to do some Customizing or something like that, to use the solution database properly?

I need this information asap.

Best regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have the same troubles. I create a problem or a solution, and if I want to display it, then there is the message "Problem xxx does not exist".

Please help

Best regards,

Arkadiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a solution (I create the customer message and Maria help me, big thanks).

1. transaction CRMC_SAF_TOOL

2. click on button check

3. A new screen will open and will show the processes. Open the tab

'Process' - 'Solution Database'.

If the Solution Database will have a red sign in front, then the customizing is not ok.

4. Doubleclick on 'Solution Database' and click on button 'Guide'. Then

follow the instructions from the screen.

In case the guide-button is not working, please implement note 987308.

Best regards,

Arkadiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yoshitaka

Currently the Solution Manager internal solution database only allows searches to be done on the short text parts of whatever messages created internally in your system.

However to use it you have to go into the Service Desk message directly. Then please do the following.

- Click on the Transaction data button

- Then on the tab Solution Database

- Click on the change button

- Then on the tab fields a "Search" button should appear.

- You can use that button to search your old service desk messages short text for a possible

Hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Chang Yee Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

We are using CRM 4.0 Version. Here i'm trying to Comile solution data base. But i don't find such an option to do. Could you plz suggest me how to do the steps.

Actually i'm doing it sandbox, So kindly suggest me how can i proceed.

Thanks in Advance.

Srujan