Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC603 Lock Table Overflow Error in Maintenance Order Settlement

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running RKO7KO8G- "Settlement of Maintenance Orders" program in background. For few Orders I am getting "MC603:Lock Table overflow " error. What might be the problem for this?

Number of Order processed in a job is around 10,000.

I checked in SM12 table.No entry is found

Size of the Lock table details is

Min - 4096

Max - 102400

Diff Value - 4096

Profile Value - 10000

Current Value - 10000

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Sounds like lock table was overflown when that report was being run. So I would suggest you to run this again and open parallel screen of SM12 and check the no.of lock entries created. If it fails again with same error, you would need to increase the lock table.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We had a similar issue and increased the Lock table value to 102400 and all went fine.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

Thanks for sharing the information. Please close this post if issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

How is this size of lock table is fixed? Is current size of lock table not sufficient to handle 10000 number of orders.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

As per your comments, table size with 10,000 was not sufficient to process 10,000 orders. I don't think there is a standard value for lock table size. It only depends on the work being done.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Nov 30, 2011 1:41 PM

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I haven't commented anything , I am asking what might be the reason. If it is the size of lock table. How is it ? How size is derived . If I want to check the size , there should be clear fundamentals . This much size capacity can process this much of orders.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Please take a look at the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/37/a2e3ab344411d3acb00000e83539c3/content.htm

As I already said, there is no standard value to define. You need to consider the no.of locks being generated and act accordingly to address this problem.

I suggest you please go through the lock management documentation to address this kind of problems in the feature.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Do u have more deatils like which program , is it processed in background ,volume of data.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the SAP note . Hope this will help you.

Note 1012446 - Mass transactions: Error message MC603, Lock table overflow

Thanks

Bhuban