cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Superior Fuunctional Location to a Functional Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am assigning a Superior Functional Location to a Functional Location in IL02. This allows the Functional Location to inherit data from the Superior Functional Location.

However, im my scenario this is incorrect as I do not want the data to be inherited and overwritten.

Does anyone know how I can do this to prevent the data being overwritten - in terms of in IL02 or Configuration? When I use IL02 it does not give me the option to prevent it from overwriting.

Thank you,

Muna S.K Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no customizing to change that. If you copy from either ref. functional location / functional location, some of the data will be copied automatically.

Even you create some superior FL first & then derive sub FL, some fields will be copied automatically.

Go to Menu Edit => Data Origin list, you can find the fields inherited from superior.

If you want to change, go to menu Edit => Data Origin & change the option to Maintain individually

Refer this thread for further clarity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow this SPRO path

Plant maintenance and customer service - technical objects - functional locations - Define field selection for data screen for reference locations ,here you have set of options to hide/req/disp.

The field selection for functional locations and equipment can be defined together. Here you maintain the data fields for the reference functional location.

Please refer to the spro documentations for more details.

-Keerthi