cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing gateway parameters in OS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Please let me know how to change the SAP gateway parameters in OS level, Where it is possible to do in SMGW transaction code in SAP level.

As my Operating System will be UNIX.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I tried changing in SMGW trasaction code. But I'm unable to change the parameter value, since it is greyed out and can't access it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> You can change the gateway parameters on RZ10 t-code or by modifying profile files, under /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile

Did you check my statement

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Just edit the instance profile in your profile directory, and put in the the gateway parameter and value, and then restart instance to

take effect.

Regards,

Vincent

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The gateway is installed within an instance by the dispatcher and reads its parameters from the profile file located in the profile directory in the SAP directory tree.

This means that the parameter can be changed in production operation (in transaction RZ10 or in the gateway monitor (SMGW) by choosing Goto ® Parameter ® Change. See Changing Gateway Parameters).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the gateway parameters on RZ10 t-code or by modifying profile files, under /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Nov 29, 2011 5:02 PM