cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Message Listeners giving "Roll Back Fault " Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have configured message listeners in SAP MII to collect control recipe from R/3 using "control_recipe_download". The connection l is working fine but when I try to push the message from R/3 I get an error "Roll Back Fault Not defined type of Handler class" in SM58.

Error Msg in MII log : " [JRA]asynch call CONTROL_RECIPE_DOWNLOAD with TID=AADDF85A47D14ED4ABC8E377 to dest. XMIIRFC01 on system can't be handled by StatefulSynchronousMessageListener"

I have updated the message listeners and restarted the NW server after creating the process message rule.So any other thing I need to check?

SAP Version : SAP R/3 4.6

SAP MII 12.2

Rgds,

Arun

Edited by: arun kurup on Nov 29, 2011 8:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You have an interesting combination of an older version of ECC with the latest MII/NW systems. There is no configuration guide for doing such an integration, however, you can take a look at the two documents for configuring IDoc Listeners for 11.5 which I believe were written for R/3 4.6C (maybe 4.7). And the current 12.1 configuration guide is still applicable for 12.2. Between those three documents, you should find some places to check on your configuration on the R/3 side. I would also make sure your binding is set to the default value for RFC Listeners (look at an unconfigured one) in NW.

I would also ask what NW version and SP you are using underlying your 12.2 installation.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spot on Mike ...I had let the binding value blank and after setting it to XMII the messages are coming in MII

But anyways I have three RFC listeners for three different RFC destination but all the message are going to the third listener "XMIIRFC03" !!! The program id , listener update has all been done....I have asked for an server restart hope this solves it.

MII 12.2 with SP2 patch 8 deployed on NW 7.3 SP5.

We have the SAP upgrade on and will be connecting MII to new system soon till then its 4.6

Thanks for helping.

Rgds,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

MIke ,

I have 3 RFC destination maintained and 3 listeners in MII connected to them with different program ID's. I have "control_recipe_download" sending recipes to all the three destination. The problem here is irrespective of the RFC destination on which the message is sent on, all the message lands upon listener no 3. Ever faced such a thing ???

Rgds,

Arun

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you are using multiple RFC Listeners between a single instance of MII and a single instance of ECC, that is the behavior which will occur. I believe there is a ticket already logged, but what I would suggest is that you use the Processing Rule Editor instead of creating multiple Listeners. The PRE is specifically designed for parsing incoming messages.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh , so it seems a common issue with MII !! Even I would have preferred it that way but I need to keep the config flexible to add more instance in near future.

Thanks Mike for all your replies. Closing this thread.

Rgds,

Arun

Answers (0)