cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we trace what changes were made by which user in MA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In change history we can only find out which user has made changes but IS there a way where we can find out what changes were made by which user in MA?

Thanks in Advance

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Change history section on the MA header tab, certain information is displayed such as:

- The collaborator role for xxx was changed from Approver to Reviewer

- Summary Visible to Suppliers enabled

- This document's owner changed to: xxx

- The contract document: Contract-0 along with all version history was deleted by the administrator

- Master Agreement Expiration Date Changed From Perpetual Term to 09/18/2011

- Master Agreement Expiration Date Changed From 07/18/2012 to Perpetual Term

Aside from this, for most of the changes made on the MA, system just shows a statement: The document was changed.

Unfortunately this section does not show information specific to what was changed by which user every single time. In most cases the standard statement mentioned above is displayed.

I think from the database some of the 'who changed when and what' information can be retreived and displayed via a custom report but Out of the box change history table does not capture this info on the UI.

Hope this helps.

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As vikram righly said, the standard change history shows only detailed changes only for a predefined FIXED set of fields in the document.

In additoin to that, please note "No additional informaion is Recorded" for other fields which are not pre-defined. If you need such a facility for one or two fields see if you can use the change history IAPI to create entries from the field script. if it is few standard fields that you think it should be enabled by default, you can request SAP as well through an OSS message.

if you need to record details of many changes, you may have to create a cusom solution to record this data and create a seperate report to handle this. This would be major change and may require significant time create and maintain this code

Good luck,

baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please specify the history IAPI. I was searching for it yesterday but wasn't able to find it.

What does this history IAPI can do? Can you record changes with it?...

Thanks,

Bram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

Even I came in this requirement,I too dint find it Guess its probably not exposed., what I think is we shall probably maintain custom table and then write field data edit scripts for the required fields and enter the modified values, user information from the session object plus the time stamp  in the table using dbHandle .

Regards,

Uday