Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Checkout Files from the DTR

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created a DC from DTR. I am unable to Edit Files in that DC. When I try to edit a file in the DC, I get a popup with a cancel button.

The error shown in the popup is

The operation can only be performed if the following objects are writable:The project is not in the repository, but there are some read-only files

Component Controller com.jindal.spo.had.hmd.dcsa.newagrcomp.NewAgrComp

Read-only: D:\Users\bohramx\Desktop\nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP02-PAT0001-win32\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\DCs\jindal.spo\it\ca\esales\web\newagrmnt\_comp\src\packages\com\aramco\sao\had\hmd\dcsa\newagrcomp\NewAgrComp.wdcontroller.xlf

Read-only: D:\Users\bohramx\Desktop\nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP02-PAT0001-win32\eclipse\workspace.jdi\1\DCs\jindal.spo\it\ca\esales\web\newagrmnt\_comp\src\packages\com\aramco\sao\had\hmd\dcsa\newagrcomp\NewAgrComp.wdcontroller

Thanks !

seventyros

[Learn SAP Online|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DTR perspective, right click on the DC then select SYNC TO and sync the DC to the latest version (with no issues). Build the project.

This worked

Cheers,

Samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting the dc from your system. Sync and create project out of that dc again and then try check out.Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Shifa

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

no, this does not work. pls suggest something.

Thanks !

seventyros

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

checkout them in DTR perspective

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

how do we checkout files from the DTR perspective ?

Thanks !

seventyros

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

ok John,

I right clicked in the _comp folder and said Edit Files in the Tree and now I am able to edit the files.

but Thez one problem. When I build the DC,it builds fine. but when I navigate to the Navigator perspective I see few files are in error.

I dont know what is the error. I am able to build the DC fine. please have a look at the screeshots[screen1|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com/2011/11/errors-on-navigator-view.html] [Screen2|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com/2011/11/errors-in-navigator-more.html] [Screen3|http://learnsaponline.blogspot.com/2011/11/error-on-web-dynpro-navigator-view.html] to see exactly which files are in error.

Thanks !

seventyros

Edited by: seventyros on Nov 30, 2011 7:23 AM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check problem view of your ide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to deploy properly without any issues?

Thanks,

Shifs

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

By Checking out the files from the DTR perspective, I can make changes but when it comes to activation of the activity, I get following error.

FAILURE: The build failed since there already exists a "/gen" folder in the repository with checked-in files.

The "/gen" folder in general MUST NOT BE USED for storage of sources or other files. [result code: 113]

Please check in the repository if there are any checked-in files in the following folder and delete them before repeating the request:

"/usr/sap/ND1/JC01/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/433/.B/60550/DCs/aramco.com/it/ca/esales/web/newagrmnt/_comp/gen/default".

How to resolve this ?

Thanks !

seventyros

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi seventyros,

all you need to do is to change the Read Only to writable to be able to checkout the DC successfully. For this you need to go to the navigation tab and select the .XLF files. Right click on these files and uncheck the Read Only check box. Save the changes and try building your code again. now you should be able to checkout the DC by creating an Activity.

Hope it helps

Regards

Uday

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Even by Unchecking the Read only checkboxes in the properties of the .XLF files, I am unable to checkout files from the DTR. Please help !

Thanks !

seventyros

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

And now I am not able to check them out from the DTR perspective also.

Thanks !

sevrntyros