Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation in Indonesian language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working in SAP Netweaver 7.0. During translation, when we create

a new xlf file(having _id as suffix), we don't get an option

of "Indonesian" in the language dropdown.

For Portal support of local languages, i have already applied Note

1013521. After applying, the language is coming in ume and portal

content translation.

But when doing through S2X editor, creating the file with _id as

suffix, saving and deploying.

But still changes aren't reflecting.

Kindly, tell the steps to make this happen.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you change the language setting for the user in UME, who is accessing the application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, In UME, i have selected the language as "Indonesian". But when i login through that user, the change is not reflected.

Its picking the raw xlf file only and not the _id.xlf file.

Right now, i am deploying this on development server.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.To internationalize the Web Dynpro application, copy the automatically generated *.xlf files and save them under a new name in the same directory. The new name must meet the following convention:u2022 <old name>_<language key>.xlf . Example for Indonesian (<old name>_<id>.xlf). id is the Indonesian language code. This code you can fine out in IE.

For example, if you are creating *.xlf files for Indonesian,

2.Open that .xlf in to S2X Editor. old name>_<id>.xlf --Click on Resource Text Tab button. Select Particular Text and Change the language to Indonesian -Click on EDIT Button.

3. Now Go to Web Dynpro Explorer Tab.Select Project-RC Click on Rebuild Project. Select Project-RC Click on Reload and then Deploye the Application

Finally Now We will Check in Portal

Created Web Dynpro iView in Portal. That iView assign to the particular WorkSet-Assign to Role that role is assign to Indonesian User. So finally Select that user Can Change Language to Indonesian language in General information Tab.

Please check it like this. If you have any doubts please revert back to me.

Best Regards

Vijay K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I already did these steps. Again i tried but failed.

The source language in S2X editor doesnot have "Indonesian" in drop down. I gave file name as "_id.xlf" and source language as default which is "en". Still it didn't worked. Then I opened the xlf file in text editor and gave the source language as "id". Still it didn't worked. It's not recogonising "id" in any way.

Thanks

Prabhat

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

The source language in S2X editor doesnu2019t have "Indonesian" in drop down.( in(NWDS) that place we canu2019t fine out dropdown. Only we can change text manually. Better to get the text name from the client end.)

Please look at this document[I18N in WDJAVA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c6cfad90-0201-0010-a5b8-8f9486346059?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Best Regards

Vijay K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i do the same for any other language like de, it works. But for Indonesian (id), its not working.

Its not recoginising id. Please suggest a way out?

Regards

Prabhat

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the generated ear file whether the ****_id.properties is packed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, _id.properties file is there in .ear file.

Regards

Prabhat bhalla