cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add new mappings for SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to replicate some of the "Request for Quotation" creation/management functionality from SRM in a custom application (for business/technical/ease-of-use reasons) and send the created RFQs over to SAP SRM. Can I use XI to send RFQs into SRM (I know I can retrieve them using XI for custom supplier apps, but can I send them in as well)?

While reviewing the EBP mappings in Integration Builder, I see there is a mapping for RequestForQuotation_Create_Out, but not for RequestForQuotation_Create_In. Is it possible to add this mapping? Or in other words - <b>is it possible to create new mappings for SRM in XI that are in addition to the standard mappings that are shipped with SRM/XI? </b>

Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Havent tried it , but this should be possible.

2 options~~

1. Use the same SWCV used for SRM to create a new mapping.

2. Create another SWCV and use the interfaces of SRM to create the mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guyz!

Even I'm facing a very similar problem. Can we create an Inbound interface for retrieval of 'request for quotation'. If Yes! can you please tell me how. and/Or what kind of probelems I might face.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

<i>I see there is a mapping for RequestForQuotation_Create_Out</i> --> I dont think you can find a mapping for the same. RequestForQuotation_Create_Out should be the name of the interface(outbound). What it means is you can have your own custom defined inbound interface and perform the mapping on your own in a new SWC. Pls update me if you can see a mapping for the same. Also you can have yor own interfaces and mapping in your SWC apart from the standard as suggested by Bhavesh and Abhy.

Take care while desingning the interface for SRM part coz SRM has the ability to output in XML format. Check this functionality first and start designing your interface.

Update us if you have more querries.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

To the best of my knowledge you cannot do it as they are standard "Software Components" provided by SAP and your not permitted to create any new objects in it and hence you will not be permitted to create a new mapping in it.

I would suggest you give a shot at the 2nd option that Bhavesh has provided, it should work in normal cases,hope it does even with std. components...

Regards,

Abhy