cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope agent not deploying on PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We have a solution manager 7.0 system, recently upgraded to stack 26. We have several PI landscapes, all connected to solman. Recently, i was able to update the Introscope agent on one PI 7.1 SP3 enh. pack 1 system without any problems, using introscope agent deployment in solman_workcenter -> Root Cause analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> managed systems -> Introscope agent.

With a 711 sp4 enh 1 system, i'm struggeling to get the agent deployed/upgraded on the same manner. The errors i'm getting are:

ISAgent Setup on node: servername - 2352050 - server0

Operation Failed

Introscope Agent Configuration

Remote Operation Failed

Introscope Agent Extraction

Remote Operation Succeeded

Updating Introscope Agent Profiles

Remote Operation Failed

ISAgent Profile Generation: IntroscopeAgent.profile

Remote Operation Succeeded

Detailed Information

Failed to get vm parameters from database - com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.VMManagerException: Failed to get Instance properties - 23520

Introscope Agent Connector Generation

Remote Operation Failed

Detailed Information

Introscope Agent Connector generation is done using JDK at: null

Detailed Information

Failed to create Introscope Agent Connector at: J:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT.8.2.3.5-2011-01-14\wily\connectors - java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm using the same (SAP default) instrumentation profile as on the other PI servers. Also using the same autoprobe directives:

sap_typical.jar

sap_ep.jar

sap_ep_iview.jar

sap_xi_typical.jar

I've read several forum posts regarding this issue, none aswered and none giving a clue in what direction i am to look for an answer. The only difference between the systems is patch levels and that the server experiencing the problems has an additional java node. Is it a problem with the autoprobing directives, should something in the instrumentation profile be changed? (if so, is there any available documentation regarding this?)

If someone is able to point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of the SMD Agent? For solman 7.01 SPS26

Agents for managed systems Exact Required SP

DIAGNOSTICS AGENT 7.2 SP000

Minimum Required SP

WILY INTROSCOPE AGENT 8 SP001

check service.sap.com/sp-stacks

Instroscope 8.2 is OK, but have you updated DAA agent?

Installation of SPS26 requieres update the SMD (DAA) agents on managed systems.

Cheers,

Diego.

Edited by: Diego I. Yaryura on Nov 29, 2011 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

The saphostagent version on all the PI sattelite systems is the same, 711, patch 137, since all systems are 711 systems.

If I check run SMDsetup on solman it shows me diagn. agent version 7.01.2.0.20081119084015. Based on the last long string, this looks kind of old..

If i check agent administration in SOLMAN i see: 7.01.9.0.20110214073110 for the PI sattelite systems, i'm guessing this is the DAA agent version?

The wily agent we're trying to deploy is ISAGENT.8.2.3.5-2011-01-14.. So.. Looks like something is to be upgraded on the solution manager side? All these agents and different ways of getting version numers make me dizzy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> If i check agent administration in SOLMAN i see: 7.01.9.0.20110214073110 for the PI sattelite systems, i'm guessing this is the DAA agent version?

>

>

Nope, this is the LM-SERVICE version.

For the Diagnostic Agent version on the managed system check: \usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\work\dev_smdagent or similar directory according your OS and version.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thanks for the fast reply!

For both systems, the one where the agent deployed without problems and the one without problems i was able to find the version, and it seems the same:

relno 7110

patchlevel 0

patchno 19

intno 20020600

Should this be sufficient?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

check this: http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

under: SAP Support Package Stacks -> SAP Support Package Stacks -> SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Select SPS26 and "Show SP Stack Content"

You're using 7.11 and the EXACT REQUIRED is 7.20 SP00. Also check Enterprise Manager, the EXACT REQUIRED is 8 SP02. This is very important to avoid problems. And I guess SAP wont support you if you don't use the correct version.

Update the Agent is straightforward. You've to uninstall the old agent and install the new one. This will also update the Host Agent. On windows it takes me about 30 minutes.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thank you so much for pointing that out; i'll look into it asap, and report back if this fixes the problem!

Answers (0)