cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking values in Module Context

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When we create a module, we can provide values as input using the module context.

Is there a way we can mask these values?

ex. lets say we need to pass a password as part of the module and we dont want it to be visible in the module context

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

Can you try to use module configuration parameter names starting with 'pwd' for parameters intended to hold passwords? In this case, when setting module configuration parameter values in communication channel, passwords in such parameters should be hidden and replaced with '*'.

Regards,

Vadim

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

didnt know it was this simple.. I just gave it a try and it seems to be doing the masking.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>lets say we need to pass a password as part of the module and we dont want it to be visible in the module context

yes we can do it... in one of my encryption scenarios i have created one XML file where i have maintained all my passwords and then from the communication channel i am passing the xml file location

the password in xml file (placed in ur XI server location) is encrypted using Password based encryption (PBS) and in the module code i have parsed the xml file read the password, decrypt it and done the further procesing logic...