cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating Currency of Project in Extension Definition of type Price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have created extension definition of type Price under Class project. Now my requirement is whatever the currency is being selected in the project document should be get defaulted in the currency drop down adjacent to extension definition too as it happens to Estimated and Budget fields.

I have seen methods of only setting the value of the input field for extension definition , Any one have idea of how to set currency unit of extension definition by scripting.. I have seen that the currency unit is having id as internalId_units. So did try to set the currency by scripting, but it dint help out!.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have achieved the required functionality by writing scripting at FieldDataEdit context keeping Target as Currency... and it is rightly populating my extension fields with slected currency over there!..but the new problem i am facing is only if the customized extension field is placed above currency field then only it's get populating!.. No idea why it's happening that way...

I have tried Page customization to change the ordering of fields according to my requirement but still it's not working!.

As alternate approach i have created extension definition of decimal type but the problem in this is it is left aligned text box where as the standard price fields are right aligned!..and i did nt find any way to right align it!.

Any help wud be gr8!.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Consider using Dual Price extensoin type instead of the price type. Probably this should take care of this already. Please check

Thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baski,

I am working on Sourcing 7.0 SP1 and I dint find datatype of Dual Price extensoin type when creating Extension Definition , What I have is Price ,Amount ,ObjectReference,ValueList, Integer etc.

Regards,

Uday