cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ep as a career!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Everybody

As SAP is moving towards new Dimesnion components i am seeking some guidence from you...

I have 1 yrs exp in abap , now i m confussed with should be my next step, which would be better for my future career and growth aspects..whether it should be:

1)XI--as i have abap exp, but dont know abt future prospects of XI and demand in market.

2)EP--as i hve some knowledge of core java, but i dont see enough prjs on EP nd also Java exp candidates already in the market they would be having upper hand.

3)BW--It can be other good option but dont know abt it more...but heard good pay in this field..:)

Please help me in deciding what should be my primary and secondary skill...???

Regards

stan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

The SAP Netweaver is built based on java. You say you have core java knowledge which is quite good , but you need some knowledge of JSPs and Javascipt and the 3-tier architecture & client server model also. For XI you need good XML,XSLT,WSDL knowledge as XI deals with Integration Process. However the knowledge of ABAP is very much essential for all the 3 fields you are not at loss. I would suggest you to go in your area of interest

Regds,

Anagha