cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Deploy after successful Building by CBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I have developed a TRACK in NWDI 7.01 SP8 for Deploying on SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.3.

I have choosen 3 Runtime-Systems in the CMS Landscape Configurator:

- Development

- Consolidation

- Production

The central Build of the CBS was now successful.

My 2 Standard-SCs (SAP_BUILD_TOOL_730, J2EE_ENGINE_FACADE_730) and my Activity are now in queue of the consolidation system.

When I click on the tap "Development", there is nothing (that's clear, because I have already checked-in my 2 SCs in the Development System).

Now: Can anybody explain me, how I can deploy my Application (JSP) on Development-System ?

I thought, it will be deployed automatically after the successful build in the CBS, but it isn't so

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is deployed when you checkin and activate the activity if no error found.

did you configured the runtime system for your development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you for answering.

But can you tell me what about the following issue:

- In CMS -> Transport Studio, there is a tab called "Development".

- There is a yellow button, called "Deployment..."....

=> So I thought, I have to click on the button and then I have to select my Buildspace, and then I have to press "Start Deployment" ?

Is my assumption right or wrong?

P.S. I noticed, that I have configured my RUntime-Systems wrong, when I was creating my TRACK.

Is it possible, to modify the preferences (Deploy Host, Deploy Port etc.) by hindsight and dedploy the Application without Checking-In Activities or Building by CBS again or semething else?

Thank you and Best Regards.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that button is for manual deployment.

auto deployment only happen when you checkin and activate the change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you for this advice.

So, I wrote that I have configured the Runtime-Settings (CMS -> Landscape Configurator) wrong when I was creating my TRACK...

I have already checked-in the activities and activated the central Build (CBS), which was successful...

So: Do I have to deploy now manual or do I have to create a new TRACK with the right settings and start the whole process (including developing in NWDS) again?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you can change the runtime system with right information, it is not a big deal.

after the change , you can manually deploy or make another activity and checkin to trigger the auto deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok John, thank you for the information.

Now I will try and post my result, I hope it works:)

But:

Is it right: When I have configured my Runtime-System(s) correct and click on "View/Edit Deployment Substitution Parameters" (CMS -> Landscape Configurator -> Track Data -> Runtime Systems) I can see the Deployment Substitution Parameters, which are automatically added?

So I can test, if I have configured my Runtime-System correct, is that right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John!

Thank you very much for helping.

I have deployed my JSP-Site successful:)

For all the others:

1) After successful Deployment by the CBS, you have to wait some minutes, then your application gets depoyed automatically on your specified Runtime-System in CMS -> Landscape Configurator

2) To check, if you have configured your Runtime-Systems correct, please go to:

- CMS -> Landscape Configurator -> Track Data -> Runtime Systems

- Type In: Deploy Port, Deploy Port, Deploy User, Deploy Password (Remember: For 7.3 - Systems, there is no SDM, but a Deploy.Controller)

- Click on "View/Edit Deployment Substitution Parameters"

=> If you have configured your Runtime-System(s) right, you can see Variable Name(s) and Value(s), which get added automatically

Best Regards.

Answers (0)