cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM Application re-use in WD component not displaying the view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I have to re-use one custom web dynpro appliaction which has been created as a UI building Block. For this component I created an Application which has the FPM OVP component and created the configurations for this and this application is working fine.

Now I have to re use this application in another WD component and I tried creating a component usage of the FPM_OVP_COMPONENT in my new custom component. And I created a view container UI element and embedded the FPM_WINDOW in the view container. Also I had added the code in the DOINIT method of the component Controller to instantiate the FPM_OVP_COMPONENT with the configuration ID which I have created for my first component.

Now when I test this new application I can see only the FPM personalisation button and Help button there. I am not able to see the other UI elements availabe in the application.

can any one help in identifying how to get the entire view displayed in my new application?

Thanks and Regards,

Ajith V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are trying to do, you only have to create configuration for FPM_OVP_COMPONENT and not use them as used component.

You can re use any number of components. Use different configurations to assemble different layouts/contents.

For example, if you want to create a new application including the current application then i would copy the entire configurations (Application and component configurations ) and modify the UIBB's.

remember , you cannot have more than 1 instance of the floorplan at a time( <7.03 versions).