cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying MII_Admin patch on MII 12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When deploying the MII_Admin patch on MII 12.2 through JSPM it exits with error.

The specific install relies heavily on XSL files, so we deployed Xalan immediately after the install (and before we realised we need MII_Admin patch to see the "create" button on scheduler)

For Xalan see SAP Note 1294013

I will post the full error log in a moment, but what caught my eye was:

1.3 : Relative path '\\STAMII02\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in\MIIADMIN02_0-10008888.SCA --> xapps~xmii~ui~admin~common.sda'
				Deploy status is 'Aborted'
				Description:'1. Exception occurred during ws clients deployment. Unable to extract ws clients deployment data for archive sap.com~xapps~xmii~ui~admin~common.war, application sap.com/xapps~xmii~ui~admin~common.
		 -> Can't transform a Source of type javax.xml.transform.stax.StAXSource

This error is consistent with the use of Xalan

We have two other MII 12.2 instances that are not running Xalan and they updated the MII_Admin patch fine. So I am quite confident that this is my issue.

However, I have no idea how to remove Xalan (temporarily) in order to apply the pacth.

To install Xalan, you only have to create a folder and copy a few files there. To delete it, is not the reverse. Even if I delete all the Xalan files and the "endorsed" directory, it just gets re-created every time I restart the instance.

Please assist,

Kind Regards,

Fanie Botha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error log as promised:

PS - I also combed through the server.out file as the log suggests, but that is not of much value

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20176228/JSPMError.txt

Edited by: Fanie Botha on Nov 29, 2011 7:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I managed to solve the problem.

Deleting the Xalan files from the one location only doesn't work because the AS Java engine distributes them to other locations as well. So the steps to follow are:

1. Stop AS Java

2. Do file search for locations where Xalan files are kept (search either Xalan.jar or endorsed)

3. Delete all the jars and the endorsed folder

4. Start AS Java

5. Apply Patches

6. Stop AS Java

7. Deploy Xalan files according to SAP Note

8. Start AS Java

Phew,

Hope this helps someone at least.

My only concern is that there might be future patches that will also not deploy if Xalan is installed?

andreu_mendoza2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Fanie,

I was struggling trying to apply the MII 14.0 SP03 patch 3 through SUM (JSPM is no longer supported) and I was having this issue. I raised a call to SAP, but I did not get any response at all.

Eventually I found your post and I can confirm that your solution works fine. Thank you very much for sharing the solution.

All the best,
Andreu