cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Creation after Save but before release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We've been asked by our client to generate PO output and to display the name of the last approver on the form. A learned colleague and I have built a function (actually it's a class object) to read the Workflow output for the PO in question and to retrieve the details of the last approver, for display, which all works according to plan when someone goes to change the PO after it's already been approved. But not when a PO is created. It appears the the Output is type is created when the PO is saved the first time time. But the output is not released until the PO is approved. However the PO output, when created, doesn't report the approver, it appears to be a snapshot of the PO at the time the output is created.

Has anyone experienced this before - and do you have any suggestions on how to get around it?

Regards,

Steve

Moderator message : Duplicate post locked.

Edited by: Vinod Kumar on Nov 29, 2011 11:38 AM

The other duplicate was deleted, so I am re-opening this one.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Nov 29, 2011 5:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas. In the end, we resolved the problem by changing the output processing option to send with periodic job, rather than leave it as send immediately. By then scheduling the RSNAST00 program, the output is not processed until the PO is released, resulting in the output we were after.

Regards,

Stephen

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My guess would be that you'll want to trigger the output generation when the PO gets approved. So in other words, from the workflow process instead of the regular PO output processing.