Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password issue in Transport Domain

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We was getting some problem while releasing the transport request in ERD (SAP Dev server). We was getting error 12. I tried different option but did not worked and then we decided to re-configure the Transport domain (deleted old trasnport route using SE06 and then re-created transport domain using STMS). Now, ERD is the domain controller and ERQ (QA server) and ERP (Producation server) is the part of domain controller. I created one test transport request in ERD and moved to ERQ.

Everything work fine but have one issue. When i was creating the domain controller using my user ID in client 000 (with sap_all authorization), it asked me couple of times password for productive client and client 000. When i was adding ERQ and ERD, it again asked for my passwords (2 to 3 times for each system). I'm not able to understand it.

I created transport request in ERD and release it. When i was trying to move the same transport to ERQ server (i logged on ERQ server to transport request), it again asked password for ERD, ERQ and ERD servers.

Looking forward the solution of this problem.Not sure, if i need to set some profile parameter to avoid to enter pasword or something else.

Pls suggest to solve this problem.

Thanks

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all to help me to fix this issue.

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the TMS configuration >>> Move profiles from /usr/sap/trans/bin, delete all contents of /usr/sap/trans/tmp >>> Disable all password related parameters >>> Check entry of TMSCROUTE and change (As mentioned in above note) >>> Re-configure using super user in 000 client >>> Add other system into domain >>> Activate TMS configuration.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should configure STMS using SAP* in client 000

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this SAP note carefully. Hope this will solve your issue.

1568362 - TMSADM password change

Regards

Bhuban

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for oss note recommendation.

I'm checking the oss note and in step 2, it asked to create an entry in table 'TMSCROUTE' with:

sysnam = ,TRGCLI

rfcroute = <clinet> (I think, we need to add cleint 000 in this filed).

but step 3 asked to create different entry for same table:

sysnam = ,ADMPWD

rfcroute = USER

We are on ERP 6.0 with SAP Basis patch level 7.02.

I checked the table and following entries are already there as mentioned in step 3.

sysnam = ,ADMPWD

rfcroute = USER

Do we need to add entries as mentioned in step 2?

Thanks

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarjit,

First of all you need to check whether TMSADM* and TMSSUP* RFC destination are working or not, especially for the systems where you have this password issue.

You should have configured TMS with used SAP* or DDIC in client 000. Above said RFCs should have TMSADM user maintained.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for quick reply.

I checked the connection as you mentioned. Connection test is ok but Auth test failed:

'Connection Test TMSADM at ERQ.DOMAIN_ERD '

Password logon no longer possible.

Same error for all three system. I think, something worng with the 'TMSADM'.

As mentioned earlier, there was some issue in transport domain. To solve the problem, we deleted all RFC for TMS* in SM59 of ERD/ERQ/ERP server. Deleted transport route using SE06 and re-cretaed Domain controller and then added the ERQ/ERP in domain controller. ERD is the domain controller.

I had not deleted user TMSADM in client 000 before re-configuring the transport domain. Not sure, if i should delete user TMSADM in all three servers and re-create the domain contoller. Any suggestion on this?

Problem seem to be for the password of TMSADM user ID. Checking more in details.

Thanks

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarjit,

I would suggest you delete the configuration in three systems and reconfigure as per note 761637. Please read this note carefully.

I had same problem long back and had reconfigured using this note and it has fixed my problem.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar