cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate SRM SUS with PI using standard content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am looking to integrate SAP SRM SUS (Supplier SelfService)with SAP PI & ECC using standard delivered content.

Have gone through Kurni's nice blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22266. [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Since this is first time for me for integrating SRM standard content with PI, looking for more information..Please bear with me and provide guidance.

Looking for more information on following items

1) After importing standard content in ESR..would there be standard mappings and operation mappings ETC like any other custom PI objects. what are these Process Integration scenarios

2) What needs to be done if there are no changes to the mappings

3) What needs to be done if there are changes needed for standard mappings

4) If PI needs to connect between SRM SUS and external systems. what are the steps need to be followed.

I appreciate any guidance provided here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert:

How to download the standard content for SRM , i am config the MM-SUS by PI. i don't know where to find the inported content. Or if there is any detail steps. Thanks a lot!!!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1) After importing standard content in ESR..would there be standard mappings and operation mappings ETC like any other custom PI objects. what are these Process Integration scenarios

Yes you can do mappings and operation mappings. Just search forum for a simple design scenario. Process Integration scenarios are used to implement business requirement as a business flow diagram using action and so. This is for understanding visually about various steps that are covered from end to end. This is not mandatory for design.

2) What needs to be done if there are no changes to the mappings

You can do simple pass through scenario without even ESR and just doing ID configuration objects.

3) What needs to be done if there are changes needed for standard mappings

Design all the ESR objects and configuration objects.

4) If PI needs to connect between SRM SUS and external systems. what are the steps need to be followed.

You need to know data format supports between SRM and external system. Accordingly choose adapter and configure the objects. Example if SRM supports idoc and external system webservice. You might have to design like idoc to soap. Again based on requirement you might have to decide.

hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Baskar.

One more question..

Looks like this is going to be Proxy - Proxy communication between SRM and ECC via PI.

Any idea how SRM is going to call Outbound proxy program.Do they write a report program and call outbound proxy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I never did SRM integration but I worked on FSCM, there are BADIs which needs to be activated inorder to trigger messages from Source, Badi information will be given in SRM documentation for specific scenario.

Hope this helps...

Karna....

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure proxy communication between PI and SRM and ECC and PI. Then create design objects and generate proxies for the outbound on the SRM and inbound on the ecc side. Search SDN forum for proxy configuration steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes proxy set up was done in SRM & ECC to communicate to PI.

Proxies are already generated by SAP as this is a pre delivered content. I am testing from SRM by going to SPROXY and executing it.

In an end to end scenario just curious to know how this proxy would be invoked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002897342004E/CCMConfig10_01_05.pdf

above link will help you with step by step details...you shd find how to trigger the messages from this doc....