cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure TMS landscape using three clients of same system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to design a prototype for linking satellite systems to Solution Manager. To work on the Change Request Management module of Solution Manager.

Here, I need a Development - Quality - Production landscape to be configured to link it to Solution Manager, but I have only one system available to do this.

I have the clients 410, 420 and 430 in the system XYZ. Now, how do I simulate the three system landscape in STMS for the three clients mentioned above.

I tried using many attempts, but it is not working out. I could figure it out that this is possible by activating "extended transport control" parameter for each system, in STMS.

Also, there are some specific needs to configure this landscape for linking to Solution Manager, the comments are shown below:

"Transports are supported in the standard transport layer of each client. When you configure transport routes, note that only consolidation routes that are assigned to the standard transport layer of the relevant exporting client are taken into consideration. For each exporting client, exactly one target client and one target group are permitted.

We recommend that you assign exactly one development system to a production system, and that these two systems are connected by exactly one unique transport track.

If a development system and a production system are connected by more than one transport track, this may lead to inconsistencies within the transport distribution.

This type of transport configuration cannot be supported by Change Request Management, and may cause inconsistencies within the tools involved."

Please suggest me, as how to proceed to configure STMS for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Anil Santhapuri

Message was edited by: Anil Santhapuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the same with the use of Target Groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you please share how you could setup the 3 system landscape with diferent clients on one system using Target Groups?

Thanks,

Poorna