cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max no. of line items reached in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My client does billing through a batch job and the program used SDBILL which is assigned to TCode VF04 in Table TSTC.

There are invoices where the line items is fixed at 999.Could somone please tell me how to automatically split invoices whenever the line item exceeds the permissible no. of line items which 999.

Regatrds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The lines in accounting documents will depend up on the different items for posting, like revenue, tax, provisions ....etc .

Check for your accounting document and findout how many line items appear in the accounting document for each line item in the invoice. Then you can set a invoice split routine in the copying control (Data VBRK/VBRP), else as Lakshmipathi suggested you can use the userexits to split the billing document if the line item crosses XXX.

SAP suggests using the split invoice method, or the note 36353. But this notes will summarise the accouting document line items with the field specified in OBYC (table TTYPV). This can have an adverse effect, if the FI dept use line item wise clearing OR the data transfers to external systems (BW/reporting systems).

Regards,

SAM

0 Kudos

Hi,

under Billing->Billign Document-> Country specific features-->Maintian maximun no of Billing Items

Apart from this you have to change copy control Routine in copy control at item level has to changed to 006. Data VBRK/VBRP

Rgds,

Abhilash

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with summarization. See SAP Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An invoice can have only upto 500 line item maximum since for each line item, there will be two line items in accounting document. Hence, you need to split the invoice per 500 for which, you can go with relevant billing exit or add this logic to your existing routine assigned in VTFL for the field "Data VBRK/VBRP".

G. Lakshmipathi