Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a seperate work item for each unique approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on SRM 7.1 ECS.

We have cnfigured a custom process schema and a 1 process level(custom) to get approvers for cart based on the account assignment data.We ahve just 2 process levels(1st acct assgt approval and last is AUTOMATIC approval).Now the issue we are fcaing is when incrementing the approval index(same process level) for each unique/different approvers based on the a/c assignment data in the cart.

To determine the approvers,we have implemented the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER.However in order to increment the approval index(repeat the same process level in our case) so that each unique approver gets the work item sequentially,we need the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG to be triggered after adding items in cart but in our system the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG gets triggered only once before adding items to the document.

Can anyone tell me how do I increment the approval index/process level so that a seperate work item gets created for each unique approver?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why cant you go for parallel level approval instead of sequential.. SRM 7.0 PCW is so easy and released to handle most of the requirements.. ( Header level , item level ).. this requirement is item level.. So its easy to implement in PCW.. Talk to your customer and explain them the way PCW is works little different then ACW ( Approval_Index )..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

When you are saying item level requirement...Do I need to change the "DECIISION TYPE" for my PROCESS LEVEL configuration to "ITEM_BASED decision for entire document"?

We don't want to send shopping cart for approval to all unique "cost center" approvers at the same time but sequentitally one after the other.

The problem is only with the approval index not available in the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i explained long back, this is how PCW workflow works.. there are two Badi's .. first one is process level creation and second one is determine the agent.. process level badi is option as well.. if your business requirement is have item level approval, then you just need to implement agent determination Badi.. you dont need process level badi.. process level badi will only trigger before you start adding line item..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks....

In the process level config,can you explain me what does each DECISION TYPE mean:

1.Descion for entire document

2.Item based descision for entire document

3.Overall descion for partial document

4.Item based decsisoon for partial document

Also please let me know if based on the above selection of descuon type,the AREA GUID needs to be assigned accordingly in the method GET_AREA_TO_ITEM_MAP of the badi /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER