Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management Opportunities in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding a project at our university:

Do I assume rightly that there are mainly two different opportunities in SAP to represent the warehouse management:

1. In SAP ERP via the component LES and its module WM

2. In SAP SCM via the module EWM

If yes, what is the "better" opportunity? Does it have to be chosen project specific? Why does SAP offer two possibilities?

Thanks a lot for some background information on this topic,

X.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank's a lot! Found the comparison at service.sap.com!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello xheinrich,

could you please send me the document you found?

jade1011(at)hs-karlsruhe.de

Thank you.

Regards,

Dennis

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose when you ask about the "better opportunity", you mean the "better solution"?

There is WM as part of ERP, and there is EWM as part of SCM (which needs something like an ERP for inventory management still). WM can be set up in different flavours (Lean WM, WM, decentral WM). And EWM is a newer solution which offers more complexity and is for warehouses with a higher throughput. But it always must be a project driven decision which warehouse solution is required.

Information about EWM you can find: http://download.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/scm/brochures/download.epd?context=43E8B8D192A78810...

If you can get access to service.sap.com you should be able to find also a comparision presentation.

Best regards

Juergen

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

just the one of the opportunities:

When you implement the Warehouse Management System (WMS), you manage goods movements and stock changes in the warehouse at storage bin level. However, if you implement Lean WM, inventory management takes place solely at storage location level. The system does not update the stock data at storage bin level using the quants.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/32/dba788517d11d4869c0000e81ddea0/frameset.htm

regards,