cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid BPM SYSFAILerror in queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I just designed a sync/asynch bridge. sender abap proxy synch...

whenever there is any failure, the message goes to sysfail status in smq2 and sxmb_moni. I am using dedeline/exception branch also ?

I just want to make sure if any message fails it should be visible only in SXMB_MONI and should not block any queue with sysfail error.

Anyway to achieve it ?

Regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Deregistering and then registering of Queues thru SXMB_ADM and activate the stuck queue thru SMQ2.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in most synchronous scenarios, error messages are sent back to the sender. In case of a BPM which is called synchronously I recommend to separate the handling of the exception for the last send step, the one where Mode = Closes S/A bridge, from the exceptions of other process steps. That means at least 2 exception branches.

Create one exception branch for the last send step where you cancel the process with a control step if the send step fails.

Create another separate exception branch for all exceptions raised in the other steps in order to collect/generate error messages. Return these error messages in the response of the last send step. The sender has to process these error messages.

Like this you only cancel the entire process instance (and hence the synchronous request which triggered the process) when the process isn't able to execute the last send step (the one which closes the S/A bridge), ensuring that error messages of other steps are returned to the sender.

Then the process instance will finish smoothly, either by returning error messages to the sender, or by being canceled.

Regards, Martin

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am using dedeline/exception branch also ?

what you include whithin the exception branch is important.

your deadline branch should have a control step (raise exception)...then in the exception branch you can have a raise alert and then cancel process....this way if any exception arises then you get an alert and also the process is stopped peacefully.

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree Exception handling via throwing altert lets your process run peacfully ...