Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO not transferred to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are on SRM 5 (Extended Classic)

SC has been created and approved and this created a SRM PO. But this PO is not transferring to ECC. In BBP_PD I see 'Error in transmission' and RZ20 shows 'Transfer Failed'.

Any help on how to analyse this issue?

Best Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check if there is an error returning from backend.

Follow the steps below:

- Breakpoint at FM B46B_DPO_TRANSFER;

- SE37 BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC, enter PO header GUID and execute;

- Program will stop at FM where the BP was set.

- Look for statement CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PO_INBOUND' DESTINATION lv_destination;

- F6 or F5 to debug into ERP (2nd session will start). Here you can check the table lt_bapi_return in order to check the result.

If you have a RFC with dialog user, you can debug through the ECC system and check why and when the error message is generated.

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try implementing the Notes 943679 & 1517301 and check whether issue still exists or not.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I did as you suggested. But since RFC user is a system user and this is a production environment, debug in ECC won't be possible for us.

However in the debug we did in SRM, I got the error message "Enter G/L Account" which is preventing PO from getting created.

Can you share on how to proceed? The PO has G/L account and this account is active in ECC as postings have been made to this earlier as well. So I don't know why this message has been displayed in debugger session.

Please advise,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Both these notes are irrelevant. Note 1517301 is for classic scenario and I have mentioned in the question that we are on ext classic! Note 943679 talks about PR creation. There is no PR creation in ext classic.

Please suggest if you have any more inputs. I am getting 'Enter G/L account' error which we found after debugging.

Thanks

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check for the Cash management module settings at your company code level.

In tcode OBY6 , check whether the CM activated is checked or unchecked.

If the check box is checked then you cannot create the PO as per the reported scenario here. That is a known restriction.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

CM is activated. But we have been using this scenario for 3 years. Hence this does not seem to be the path to take.

Could you highlight as to why we are being prompted with "enter G/L accnt"? Some issue on MM side?

Regards

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have faced the similar error and got the sap note 1480084 , which talks about this error.

It clearly says that Purchase orders in SAP SRM are not supported for the backend SAP ERP company codes where cash management is active. This is applicable for both extended classic deployment and standalone deployment.

I was not able to create the extended classic PO due to CM activated. You can give a try to create PO by deactivating it.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange why SAP says this. Not sure if it is release specific.

We have been creating 100s of POs everyday for the past 3 years with CM active. It's only with this one PO that it has failed. All other POs are getting created.

Thanks

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply here.

As mentioned earlier, i got this note for a similar issue with regards to PO creation , but i am also not sure whether this system behavior described in the note is release dependent with regards to the SRM and ERP versions used or if itu2019s a generic release independent note.

But You have mentioned that " We have been creating 100s of POs everyday for the past 3 years with CM active" ; could you please provide us some inputs on the exact process flow you are using here.

It will be really great if you could help us to understand this better.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

The issue was that user had created shopping cart with cost distribution and then deleted the lines under cost distribution. The user again assigned cost distribution and hence the numbering of lines began from 3,4,5 instead of 1,2,3.

We applied some SAP notes for this issue and it worked. This had nothing to do with CM being active or inactive.

Meanwhile we are facing another issue for which I have created

Please suggest something here.

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response here.

Could you please share the sap notes you have implemented here to resolve your issues.

Also i would like to know whether you guys have done any custom development with regards to the cash management module in your systems or you are using the sap standard.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)