cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server 6.4 Windows Server 2008 R2 First Test Blank HTTP response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed Content Server 6.4 with MaxDB 7.6 on a Windows 2008 Server r2 system as directed in the "installation guide for SAP Content Server for Windows 2008" at service.sap.com/contentserver -> Media Library

-> Literature. Whenever I test the installation (a CACHE server) with this command:

http://localhost:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo

it sits for about 20 or 30 seconds and then simply returns a blank screen. If I refresh, it returns immedilately, again a blank screen. There is nothing produced in the IIS logs at C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1. I am at a loss.

FYI, I used the 50105790 DVD for the installation of Content Server and MaxDB.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved my problem. I initially started by installing the software, putting the databases online, and since I was only installing CACHE SERVER and not CONTENT SERVER, I never attempted to test the CONTENT SERVER URL. After many failures, I then also installed CONTENT SERVER, tested it, and it worked. I found that the database DID NOT have to be online for testing of CONTENT SERVER. That was where things went south. I assumed that the database did not have to be online for testing the CACHE SERVER HTTP URL as well and thus continued my future attempts without the database online. I finally found that with a combination of SAP NOTE 658442 in regards to giving the NETWORK SERVICE proper permissions (even though it says it is for CONTENT SERVER 6.3), plus making sure the databases are ONLINE, I had success.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you check the port settings whether it is blocked or not. Also check there is no firewall configuration done for ports 1090 and 1095.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am testing the installation from the server where it was installed. Initially, I could not connect to the database with the MaxDB Database Manager client on another box, so I turned the firewall off for testing, which allowed me to connect.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your information, it seems problem is resolved ??

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, sorry, the problem is not resolved. I was indicating that I had already turned the firewall off because I could not initially even connect to the database. The problem with not being able to test the installation of Content Server using the http://localhost:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo remains

Edited by: Terry Roller on Nov 28, 2011 6:30 PM

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) what's the IIS version you have installed ?

2) Ensure that you have selected all the check boxes while performing IIS installation on Windows 2008 R2. It is mandatory to have all the options in IIS installed.

Let me know response on above 2 points.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

IIS is Version 7.

I have installed all IIS roles except for "WebDav Publishing", which the installation guide says to NOT install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should add that the OS is 64-bit. I am going to try the same thing on a 32-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.

0 Kudos

I have installed SAP CS 640 on Windows 2003 32 bits and 64 bits, everything works well. The installation program configures the IIS service correctly. But my test on Windows 2008 64 bits failed and I found that the ISS service is not correctly configured by installation program. I am not export on Windows 2008, so I did not yet find a solution. You may ask Windows administrator to resolve the IIS configuration problem. Hope this can help you.