Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD is not sync to LMDB nor SMSY

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are running on SOLMAN 7.1 SP03 and CIM & CR Content are upgraded to latest version. Full sync completed sucessfully and incremental sync as well. However, why certain entries (JAVA) in SLD is not sync to LMDB and SMSY? I've deleted it from SLD and trigger from source system but to no avail.

Btw, may i know is LANDSCAPE_FETCH still useful in SOLMAN7.1 or it has been replaced by LMBD_##0001 job?

Your kind advise is very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below note and links.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000469122011E/index.htm.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000653362011E/index.htm.

Note 935245 - Importance of "Object Server" SLD/LMDB parameter

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

thanks. in fact my problem is why my JAVA system is always on SMSY -> technical system eventhough i've assigned it to SAP NW 7 in LMDB, it just don't sync to SMSY. due to this reason, i can't assign my JAVA system to any logical component for MOPZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This note doesn't seem to be part of the central note:

Note 1628104 - Correction LMDB technical system link and matching

Maybe is included as a pre-requisite for other notes. have u checked it?

Cheers,

Diego.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i would like to thanks for helping. At last i manage to solve part of the problem.

I just dislike LMDB which is really complicate our life.

I can see my java portal, SID EPP in SMSY assigned under technical system -> Java. after full sync from SLD to LMDB.

Therefore, i've to assign EPP to product system -> SAP NW7, but i can't do it in SMSY and need to do it in LMDB and Landscape verification tool, and i can only assign exactly one Product Instance for it, unlike in SMSY, we can select others product instance as relevant.

In order to assign extra product instance, we need to go to Managed System Configuration and click on Edit Technical System Software and add it in section "Maintain Assigned Software".

We need to go numerous places merely to assign one Product System. Perhaps this is the new thing we need to adapt and master it.

At the moment, i still having problem to assign enable XSS software components to my portal where i get an error when try to add it using LMDB -> under software component version. Fyi, i've added ERP Portal content as one of the product instance.

Also, i notice Landscape verification tools is not sync with the changes i make in LMDB, any ideas beside running lvsm_load job?

Thanks all for the help.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Please, check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/3a/0f2676ccb4413b9fee695e126cde24/frameset.htm

As of SAP Solution Manager Release 7.1, changes to technical systems can only be made in the Technical System Editor of the LMDB. You still manage your product systems in the Solution Manager System Landscape (transaction SMSY). Some applications of SAP Solution Manager still retrieve their landscape information from transaction SMSY.

And for SYNC pls check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/a3/829357e7694740adea73e9cdf3b0e2/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Diego.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Deigo. I've read this, and is same as the LMDB guide.

Unsure is the guide or contents in help.sap.com updated, As for SOLMAN 7.1 SP03, maintain the product system in SMSY no longer easy, and i've tested with 2 different solman 7.1 SP03 instance.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Nov 30, 2011 5:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

Just a final quote. Probably you've already read this note:

Note 1625376 - SAP CR CONTENT update in SAP Solution Manager

But Update the CR CONTENT seems to be important.

Cheers,

Diego.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego for the continuous support. I've update the CR to 7 and to latest after executed solman_setup. According to the note, it mention CR content has to update before solman_setup.

I rerun the SLD link and perform a full sync after patch to the latest CR content. I think this should poses any problem.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Maybe this note could be helpful: Note 1648712 - LMDB cannot synchronize with SLD

Cheers,

Diego.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

The note was implemented successfully during basic configuration in solman_setup. My problem is SLD Sync job is completed, just that data is not written in.

Anyone know what's the table that contains the instance ID? perhaps there's some duplication or inconsistency?

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang